Friday, January 16, 2015

Blessings, prayers and stories.

Well I have not posted as much as I had wished. It has been a busy week as I started my job this week. I am the janitor at the Christian Academy in Manati. Granted it is only a few hours a night but I have not worked 5 days a week in over two years! We are feeling very blessed for this job. It brings in enough money to cover rent every month. Praise Jesus.

It seems right now we will be going to the same church we have been going to. God has not highlighted any other church yet.

Tomorrow I will be in Jayuya with the church in Florida (PR). It is a guys only ministry in the mountains. Not sure what we will be doing but I'm excited. Pastor Wilson and I will be talking about some things. I'm excited to see what God has in store.

I have been in contact with IHOP ( International House of Prayer) West Georgia. Some doors have opened up with them and a IHOP minister in Michigan. We are praying on what God may be calling us to do and what this relationship looks like.

As we have been reading the Art of Neighboring it seems to be working, in reverse! Neighbors have been coming to us! We were invited over to one of the neighbors the other day. It was a rather strange but a really cool experience. The neighbors across the street gave Jennifer some dishes and towels as a house warming gift and other neighbors bring us food every now and then, well cake and other sweet treats. It has been a great experience.

The kids have been in school now for almost two weeks. Jennifer is doing a great job teaching them and they all seem to be enjoying it and having a good time. They have already made several projects and we even went hiking in the forest for an assignment! Pretty neat stuff. There is also a school supply store right up the road.

Our Spanish is improving a lot. The nerves of not being able to speak Spanish are gone for me now. I speak what I can and just laugh through the rest. It seems to work. Hahaha.

Our sewer backed up again...good news, it is not backed up anymore, however the main sewer drain in the street busted just down the road from us. Happy it was not our plumbing that was the issue. Pray the water company fixes it soon. They are not the fastest with that around here. The other day I called
in a repair and they never came out but when I called they reported it fixed. Ya pretty normal I hear.

On the brighter side I found a sweet cafe to hang out at. It is right up the road from the house. It seems to be a hot spot for The Holy Spirit. Some amazing things have happened there in the past three days. God is using a man named Victor to speak into my life with some prophetic words of truth. Today was epic! A lot being revealed to me.

I picked a man up that was hitch hiking today. God told me to do it. I ended up driving Emerson 25 miles into the mountains. Through our broken English and Spanish we had a good conversation. Come to find out he got a ride at 5am this morning to go to the doctor and was looking for a ride home, it was noon! And we think a two hour wait in the waiting room is long! He has four kids, been married for 26 years and his youngest is 20. He lived in Vegas for a while to work but came back here and has no job right now. God also led me to pray for healing in this man. So we prayed together right before I dropped him off.

Every now and then I remember I live on an island and laugh. It truly is nuts! 

There is some things that still need to be fixed in the truck and I think the parking break just broke! Not a good thing here. Looks like I need some wheel chocks or a block of wood or a brick or well anything to stop the truck from rolling down a mountain.

We will be getting a shipment of Wild Life Story Tellers soon. For those who don't know they are stuffed animals with kids audio Bible stories inside. Our friend Brad made this connection for us. God has blessed him with extra funding to be able to get us some. We cannot wait to hand more out to kids. The ones we brought with us are gone or spoken for already. We are looking forward to possibly connecting with a ministry that will provide us with free Spanish audio Bibles in multiple download formats. Please pray about this possible connection as well.

Well that is all for now. Until next time, stay blessed and go talk about Jesus and stuff😜


No comments:

Post a Comment