Saturday, January 10, 2015

Prayer Requests

As some of you have requested here are some of our prayer requests. Sorry we have not posted more of these.
God has been truly amazing. Your prayers for finances and other material needs have been heard and felt! Keep them coming. However there is much more that we need prayer for.


Coming down here we had a relationship with Pastor Leo and his wife Angeles, and we still do. Because of that relationship we got connected with Ingesia Neuvo Testimento in Manati. We have friends there and so do the kids. That also is where I am working as a janitor for the Christian Academy they have. I just got the job yesterday, today was my first day there. $600 part time, what a blessing. With that being said we still are not sure if this is the church God wants us going to as our home church. The church itself is amazing and the people are great. We feel right at home and very loved by everyone there. The kids have been attending youth group on Friday nights and are really enjoying it. But, with all the great things there we do not want to go there because of those, we want it to be God. Jennifer and I are struggling with looking for another church for a couple reasons. One, the kids really have made good friends and it would be hard for them to leave. Two, there are very few English speaking churches close by. This church translates for us which we are very grateful for, but we really miss worship. We need prayer for a home church that we can grow relationally and spiritually in. This is prayer one.


Another prayer need is currently an unspoken. Jennifer and I are praying for Gods answer on a specific area of ministry. Please do not ask right now, we will share later if the Lord wants us to. I know some of you cant stand that; I could not either, we just don't feel God wants the details of this prayer out just yet.  Just know that it would be a huge leap of faith in the unknown. Please read Matthew 28 before praying about this.


We have the food handout coming up January 24th. Pray that this goes well and God is glorified through this would be great. Pray for great weather (no rain), responsive people. great donations and that our hearts are right on that day. This is not an event to go save souls right then and there, this is a moment to share the love of Jesus with those who do not see it very often if ever. Don't get me wrong if the opportunity opens to share Jesus we will, but we just want to be the love of Jesus that day.


For me (John) I ask for prayer in the area of discernment and rest. As some of you may know, when I get an Idea or God asks me to do something I don't like to wait. God is having me wait, just a little and it is hard for me. I have a hard time resting in the moment. Jesus says when you need rest come to me. That is what I need to do. And as opportunity's open up here I need discernment to know what is God and what is not. That too I struggle with. Sometimes I rather just jump out in faith and trust that God has it rather than wait and see if God really wants me to do it. If it was not for my wife I would probably have jumped out of an airplane without a parachute by now. HAHAHA! Of course I would still be writing you because God would have sent and angle or something ;) No but really, please pray for those specific things for me right now.


There are a few things that I need to fix on the truck, shocks, exaust and new tires. Pray God gives us what we need to ge those things fixed rather soon.


Thank you for your prayers and we will talk again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment