Monday, February 23, 2015

It's been a while....Updates

Wow it has been almost two weeks since I last posted. I am so sorry. The past few weeks has been hectic. It all started when our 1988 Isuzu Trooper started leaking gas from the fuel rail. God had used Pastor Leo and Angeles to introduce us to their mechanic when we first got to the Isand, so he was who I called. He said bring it right away because it could start a fire! This was a Thursday so I had to work that night. I brought the truck to Luis and they replaced the fuel injector because that is what they thought it was.I had to leave the truck there over night so my good friend Armando picked me up and brought me to work and my bosses husband brought me home. The next day I was on the road and headed to work by 3. However, I could still smell gas and it seemed to be running worse than before. I got to work and popped the hood, it was leaking gas faster than before. Now here is where my flesh kicks in. See I normally fix my own vehical but being I have very basic tools here I really had no choice. I looked at the injector and it was dirty. My first though was, " Great, they did not even replace it. This does not even look new. I knew it. I come to an island where I can't speak their languange and my car breaks down and I get taken advantage of." Im not proud of thinking this. But, I cannot deny that I did. So I called l Luis back and told him what was wrong. He said bring it back ASAP. So the next morning I brought it back. This was a Friday so again I had to work that day. Armando again picked me up but this time in the morning and brought me home. Luis said it was the fuel rail, which Isuzu no longer makes because my truck is so old and people here use these trucks to go two-tracking so parts are hard to come by. He called everyone he knew with a junk yard and no one had one. He said we cannot find one anywhere and you should just leave your truck here because it cannot be driven. My thoughts " Oh great, not only do I owe money for something that was not even the problem, now I don't even have a car." Then I prayed and turned it over to God. After that prayer I Knew God would provide our needs. So that evening I left my car over night again and being that it was Friday I could push work of a day or two, Thank God! So now that we came to the realization that we have no car, no food in the house and basicly are stuck home we just prayed. Prayed for God to provide. That evening I got a call from Luis. THEY FOUND THE PART! I have no idea how or where but they did. Praise Jesus. Here again God provided and flesh kicks in. "I wonder how much this is gonna cost me?" I prayed for Gods provision and he provided and here I am worrying about money, real faith right. I though around $300-$400 dollars. After all he had replace an injector, put all new seals on all four injectors, and a new injector adaptor already and now a new rail which is next to impossible to find. 
Luis called me later that day and said it was ready to go. Praise Jesus! Armando picked me up and we went to get my truck. As we pull in the hood is open. I'm sure you can imagine my thoughts. I get out and go over to the truck and Luis says look, I replaced all this. (Almost entire fuel injection system) My old one was in the back of the truck. We started it up and it ran grest with no leaks. So here comes the big question," How much is this gonna cost me?" I ask. Luis looks at me and says, "No, nothing. I returned the new injector and got my money back. Don't worry about it, no cost." I was shocked, amazed and felt like a complete jerk at the same time. I gave this to God, doubted the original fix, then doubted that God would provide. I had no words other than, thank you brother I love you. Luis is a man of God and I knew this, but I still had fear and doubts about him because he was unknown to me. When in fact he wasn't. He is a brother in Christ and I should have never doubted but I did and I grew from that moment. Trust God and he will provide and true brothers and sisters in Christ have your back and there is no need to fear. God is good.
However, I think God may have wanted to test my new learned lesson. A few days later it was down pouring and flash floods occurred while driving. I went through a HUGE puddle, more like a lake, and my truck stalled out, after trying to start it the battery died. So there I sat in the dark in the rain in the middle of what seemed like a jungle with next to zero cell service. What do I do? Pray, worship and wait. Long story short after a couple hours alongside the road Armando picked me up, jumped the truck made it home and the truck is running like a champ. God is good!

We where at the beach the other day a met a team from Pennsylvania who were here on a mission trip. They were here doing street evangelism and promoting the Nicky Cruze Crusade happening in Arecibo this past weekend. I ended up connecting with them and going out to street evangelize with them. We went to a ghetto area here and prayed over some people and God had given me some words for this one guy, funny enough his name was John. It hit him to the core and he started to cry. It was so good to see God move. Then Saturday our whole family went to the Nicky Cruze Crusade. Not sure who we were there for but felt God tell me that we were not there for us but someone else. It was great to meet new people and see hundreds of people gathered together for Jesus. I would love to get something like that going over here in English. There is a large enough English population where I feel it would be effective.    

God also provided a dinning room table for us! It seat like 8 people! Thanks to our friend Marlin from church. It is so nice to have such a big wooden table.

We also found an American Football League here for Blake! We went to practice last week and we all love it. Looks like Blake will be playing football this Fall. Here football can be played for almost 10 months out of the year! Blake will hopfully be on two leagues, the recreation league and the high school league. Both play at different times of the year. We are all very excited.

We spend most of our time in Dorado. This is about 45 min from our house. Church is there, Younglife is there, football is there, more friends are there, life groups are there, pretty much 75% of what we do is in Dorado. A lot of driving, gas and tolls but God always provides. 

March 7th we will be doing our food handout with Armando, Jeanette and their girls. We always look forward to this time to intentionally serve and show the love of Jesus to those who normally get ignored. This month, as of right now, is a spaghetti dinner. Yummy.

Bridger wants everyone to know that we have a new dog. His name is Pug or Sir Pugs A lot. He is a Pug, Chihuahua mix. He is super cute. We wanted a dog we could take on the plane with us. He is small and loves to play. It is nice having a dog around, we all miss a Magic, our German Shepard back in Michigan a lot.

I guess that is all for now. Hopfully I update more often sorry. Thank you for your prayers and support.



Ways you can support financially

Send a check written to Seven Hills Church with Hoogeveen Missions in memo to:

-Seven Hills Church
c/o Hoogeveen Missions
661 East 24th street suite 100
Holland, MI 49423
(Seven Hills deposits by the 7th of every month)

-Online at 

No comments:

Post a Comment