Thursday, July 2, 2015

Faith Building

The past few days have been a little crazy. Some friends and missionary friends of ours are back in the states raising support. They have asked us to house sit for them in Cabo Rjo on the west coast. So we came out here two nights ago. Jennifer is fulfilling a fill in nanny job while we are here as well. I went to start the truck yesterday to pick up Jenn and the kids up it would not start. The fuel pump went out. So here we sit 2 hours from home with no ride. To add to it I left our support check in my pants pocket and we washed it last night. But God is faithful. The lady Jennifer is helping paid her for this week and next week yesterday! Praise God and Monty, the man we  have been talking to about CCPR  Rincon is coming to pick me up so I can go to a parts store. I spent all last evening removing the gas tank and fuel pump which was super fun with the limited tools I have here. Good thing I keep my tool bag in the truck.
We are bummed because we will miss out on the once and a life time chance to be part of a US Coast Guard Ship inauguration that is taking place today in San Juan. We were invited from friends of our who are on the new ship.
We are praying that this issues is fixed today as Blake fly's in from Colorado Sunday evening.
To say the least these last few days have been challenging and our faith has been tested and our reaction to crummy situations have been tested. I hope we prevailed. Last night was not a good night for me. I was very frustrated at myself for washing the check and the whole situation we are in right now.
I know that these situations build our faith and strengthen our relationship with God so I am thankful for times like these.
James 1:2-4
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [c]trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces [d]endurance. And let[e]endurance have its perfect [f]result, so that you may be [g]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment