Saturday, December 6, 2014

Blood, Sweat and Tears....Ok just sweat :)

Wow our blog is at over 1000 hits, either I am a really good writer or God is working....I know what one it is. :)


So today was a hard working day. I started of the day by leaving the house without eating. Angeles and their daughter Rebbecca showed me where the dollar store was so I could get some cheap cleaning supplies. I picked up a mop,cleaner, broom, trash bags and an array of other things. After purchasing those I stopped by a little food stand to get some breakfast and met Nelson. I ordered in Spanish, at least what I could. The he said, "You can speak English if you want to." I have never been so thankful to speak English!! I had to work through all store transactions today in Spanglish. I was not pretty, but God got me through and I left with the items I needed!!!! YAY!


I stopped back by the Salvation Army in Arecibo and met the pastor their, Pastor Jorge. He knows of a family leaving the island and is giving all their things away. He is going to see if he can get in contact with them for us. Pray he can.
The store it self is super small, I would not even call it a store. The Holland Salvation Army is like the RiverTown Mall compared to this place.


During by driving around I almost hit a dog. I slammed on my brakes, missed the dog, but the car next to me bumped it. The dog is ok....I think.


I got to our house and met our next door neighbors, Alice and Oscar. A nice older couple. They spoke a little English, and let me use their water to fill up my bucket for cleaning. I mopped the floors, dusted, put a Bridgers bed together and weed whacked the yard, that is until I ran out of weed whacker string. We have a side walk going from the house to the street sidewalk, you could not even see it, it was overgrown. However, buying cheap is not the way to go. They have a saying here for that but i forget. My broom handle busted as I was sweeping the driveway, the "Heavy Duty" trash bags are less than heavy duty. So I have to buy the good stuff I guess.


Just so you all know, there is a down side to all this heat.....you sweat a lot, get prickers stuck to your legs because you are wearing shorts and need to drink water all the time! LOL :) No, really I feel so blessed to be sent here. God is good.


The van I am driving seems to have a loose motor mount. It shakes like crazy when you are going up hill and pushing the gas. Looks like they are going to need to get that fix. Pray for Leo and Angeles, they have been having lots or car issues. Pray that season in their life is over.


For lunch I went to Martins BBQ Chicken, Half a chicken and Plantanos for under $7, easily feeds 2 kids, maybe even two adults if your not super hungry, I brought some back home! And it is amazing!!! Ordered all by myself too :) Spanglish again but I'm learning. The lady behind the counter was yelling "Next in line" in Spanish...I completely ignored her...that is until she yelled it in English. LOL She was sweet, and you should of saw her face when I told her we just moved here. HAHA
I think that will be my go to food joint for a little.


I got back to Leo and Angeles house for dinner and their other daughter was here, she just flew in from California, and a friend was here too, oh and Angeles mom, Leo and their other two kinds. It was a full house. I love that!!!!


After dinner Leo and Angeles had to leave to go to a funeral. A member of their church passed away. I took an hour nap and then did some school work.


Over all it has been a busy, blessed day.


Please pray for my worries about a car and stuff to pass. I know God already has what we need, we just need to find it. I know I need not worry. But pray the worry stays out. I do not want to make a hasty decision just because we are in need. I need God to provide for us not us provide for us.


There still is no power or water at our house. Pray that we can get that turned on ASAP!!!
Christmas has started here already so there are literally parties all the time. Celebrations start the day after Thanksgiving until the middle of January. It basically is a two month party. Meaning, the people at these companies car more about the Christmas activities than work right now. Pray that God puts an urgency in their hearts for us.


Well, I guess that is all for the day. Thank you for the prayers and continued support.



No comments:

Post a Comment