Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sureal Experiance

Wow, sorry I missed the post last night. It was 11:30 before we got home.


Sunday night we went to a church in Jayuya, that is int he mountains....way up in the mountains. I was not sure what to expect. As we are driving through the winding roads, the starts a distant sound of singing.  I starts out faint at first, then the whole van breaks out in song! Now I could not understand every word, but I could make out, Jesus, Holy Spirit, God and love. I could feel the Holy Spirit in their voices. As I sat smushed against the window, I could not help but notice the beauty. The rock, trees, flowers, for, birds chirping and was so amazing to be basking in Gods creation. The it hit me....like a ton of bricks and I could not help but smile and laugh. Its like God spoke to me and said, "John, you are living it, you are doing what i have been preparing you and your family for and what you and your family and friends have been talking abut for so long. All those nights a Epic Redemption talking about those who go into the world spreading the gospel, the he videos and films watched and books read. Quotes, quoted and the desire to do the same. John you and your family are now those people! All those talks with Jennifer and the kids about knowing I am going to send you someplace but you just didn't know where. I have sent you to the mountains on a tropical Island in the middle of the Caribbean sea so spread the good news of Jesus Christ!"  Whoa....that is epic! I had to  laugh with pure joy.


God has been so faithful with my prayer for guys to walk life out with here in Puerto Rico. He has been sending me some pretty amazing friends. There is even a big strong dude like Mike Gruppen. LOL
His name is Tony and he helped me move some stuff last night, along with Pastor Leo and Issac. The dude picked up the couch like it was toy. HAHA....oh the little things God gives us.


We accomplished so much yesterday. We got our PO Box, electric, water, lease signed, most large items moved into the house and even had time for coffee. Thank You Jesus!!


Riding with Issac last night he shared with me some local info that is good to know, like, if it is past 11pm and you are alone at  stop light, don't stop just come to a slow down. He showed me where the "Bad Ghetto" is, cant wait to become friends and talk abut Jesus with some people who live there. During the day of course. ;)


Today is the last day for me to get stuff for the house and finish the big stuff. Gotta go for now more later.


Oh...prayer request
Pray for the job at the school for me, I will be talking with them today, Lord willing at some point. We still  need a car, pray for Gods chosen car shows it self tome today or tomorrow. Pray for pastor Leo and his family as they have blessed us so much and too are living by faith. Pray for my new friends, Issac, Rebbecca, Isabel, Edna,Tony, Armando, Eldwin,Viviana,George and those I will continue to meet.
Some unspoken prayers for myself. Just not sure how word it.
Thanks everyone, love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment