Friday, December 19, 2014

Resting in His Presence

     Good evening. It has been a few days. Sorry for the delay, we have been super busy getting details taken care of now that we have our car.


     It took a total of one full day and a half of a day to get everything squared away with the car. We now officially own a car with a Puerto Rico Title!


     We have spent a lot of time together as a family which has been awesome! The kids are getting to see God is action in so many ways; so are we.


     I believe we have told you about our drain issue already, If not in short it was backed up and the sink and toilet would not drain. I tried everything I could think of. Plunging, taking the plumbing apart under the sink, having someone come over to look at it, stuck a 10 foot drain snake down the main drain, sink drain and outdoor drain....nothing everything was clean!!! However the sink would not drain. We were to our wits end. We were left with three options.


1. Leave the drain how it was, with a bucket under it and just pay attention so we can dump it.
2. Call the water company to try cleaning deeper.
3. Leave it up to God and pray about it.




     We chose option three. We gathered together as a family in the living room and prayed that God fixes our drain. Then we packed up and went to the beach. A few hours later we came back home. Low and behold.....our sink and toilet were unclogged!!!! We have not had an issue since!!!! God literally fixed our drain!




     Tuesday night the first Epic Redemption Men's Bible Study was held at our house. It was me and Armando. We started off just like back home with praise and thanksgiving. What Armando shared I was not prepared for!!
     Armando and I met at church two weeks ago. It is amazing how God works. I was with Pastor Leo, who was visiting this church in the mountains for the first time. This is a church that is part of their concelieo (denomination) Pastor Leo heads up all the churches. Armando was not supposed to be there. He goes to another church but volunteers once and a while at this church. He was supposed to volunteer the week prior but was sick. So he volunteered the week I was there. We met at the church that evening. This is what he told me he was thankful for.
     "The first time I met you it was like God touched me. I feel so different. I am happy. Even my wife says that I am happy now. I am thankful for you and happy we met." WOW, really! At all I did was share a little bit of my testimony. Amazing what God can do with so little!!!! There is more but I will not go into that.  He feels God calling him to spread the gospel. He has for a long time but kept pushing it off because he did not know how. I said, "Good I don't either, we can learn together." He said that there is a lot off work to be done on the island and it will be hard but it needs to be done. I am so excited to see this relationship grow and for us to grow together as warriors for Christ so we can fight this battle here on the island together.




     The rest of the week we had been busy changing oil in the car, changing spark plus in the car;I
have gone to Auto Zone about 5 times and Home Depot to get tools and material for the car. However, God did send Victor in my path. He is a young man that works at Auto Zone. I have been there so many times he already remembers who I am and what kind of car I have!!! He just moved here a month ago from Florida (USA). I gave him our ministry card and invited him to our Men's Bible Study on Tuesday nights. Pray he calls and joins us!  I went to to the school to drop of my police report and reference letters for the job there. That looks promising!!! Then we spent some time together as a family had some adventure days. Traveling up the coast to see what we could see. Spent an afternoon at the Indian caves and just hanging out. It has been so much fun hanging out this much as a family.


    
     Tonight we went to a Christmas Fair at the school. The kids all met new friend, and of course did not want to leave!!! We are so thankful for that. We will be attending Inglesia Neuvo Testimento in Maniti for now. We know a lot of people there and that is where Blake and Dallas' new friends go to. The church translates into English!!! Bridgers friend does not go to this church.


The bugs here are nuts. Our entire bodes are covered with bites. Praise Jesus they only itch. So far we have had lizards, fire ants, sugar ants, flys, spiders, mosquito's and who knows what else in our house. We are becoming accustomed to bring bug spray with us where ever we go.


There is so much more but the kids want to share that tomorrow. For now they are in bed. We have had many funny moments, mostly at the expense of myself. Hey I do what I can!


Some things I am learning-


     It is hard to explain really. God is really slowing me down. I am experiencing God in a way I never knew existed. Miracles literally happen every day!!! I am learning to just live in the presence of God. That everything is in Gods timing and all I have to do is rest in him and he will lead me. Back home I felt so much pressure to perform a certain way or to do this or to do that when it comes to ministry. Here, I just feel free to let go and let God. No pressure, just live in the presence of God. It is so peaceful and refreshing. I cannot explain it really. The only way I can picture it is like this. Go out side on a fresh Spring day, maybe just after a nice rain the night before, see all the bright flowers, blue sky, and smell the freshness in the air. That is what every day feels like. So refreshing. Its like God is physically with me all the time whispering in my ear, "Slow down and rest in me, let me do the work, just relax and enjoy my presence." Needless to say, God is working on my heart and changing me. I have been very very humbled, realizing that nothing is like it seems and I have little to no control over what God has planned for us.
Ye-haw its gonna be a bumpy ride!!!!!! God God!




     Thanks again for all your support. Our blog is at over 1800 hits! Thank you Jesus. 
Hopefully the kids have time to write on here tomorrow. For now, good night.






Oh Ya Prayer requests.
Please pray for our fellow brothers and sister who are part of Epic Redemption back home. They are experiencing some heavy warfare right now.
Pray for our fellow brothers and sisters in Honduras as there is a group from Ridge Point their right now.
Pray for the churches here in PR
Pray for my friend Dave who has a daughter who is sick with cancer. Pray for complete healing and for peace.
Pray for Pastor Leo as he is writing a book about Grace.
And pray for anything else the Lord lays on your heart.


Love you all!!! God bless and good night.



1 comment: