Thursday, December 4, 2014

Overwhelming day

Wow, what a day!
I arrived in San Juan at 1:25pm today. Our new home. Wow that is weird to say. So much happened today!!! But lets Start with Monday.
As of Monday we had planned on winterizing our home while we are here and no concrete place for our dog to go. We wanted so badly to bless someone with our home but the three people we offered it to could not use it for one reason or another. So we just put it out of our head.
We were at a friends house for dinner Monday night when Jennifer got a text. "I saw on your blog that you guys are leaving soon. What are you doing with you house?"
Jenn responded, "Winterizing it and letting it sit. Why, is there a need?"
Response, "Yes and immediate need!"
So, Tuesday we sat down at Sweet D's cafe in Hamilton, which I am going to miss dearly mind you, and heard her story. We could see the love of Jesus in her smile and her eyes.
 The Lord said, "Let them stay in your house." So, we now are able to bless this mother and her two children with a home!!!!!! Praise God. On top of that, they are going to keep our dog at our house and watch her for us!!!! Praise God again!!!
So now to today!
It all started on the plane ride to Baltimore. God kept a seat and baggage spot open for me five rows from the front. I was almost the last on the plane. I sat next to a couple from Rockford, MI. We started talking and I was able to share my testimony with them and what God is doing in our life.
(Back up about 3 hours) I had forgotten to get cash out of ATM. Fast forward to plane ride.
So Dave, this the name of the brother sitting next to me says this, " I accidentally made my tithe check out for less than I wanted this week..." OK pause, when does that ever happen? Like never right. So he said this, " I want to give you the remainder of the amount I was planning on Giving." Crazy right?
Then a lady in front of us overheard us talking. (I sometimes talk loud in airplanes on purpose. If I'm gonna talk about Jesus on an airplane the whole plane might as well hear about him. ;) )She leans back and says, "Hey did I see you on TV talking about a walk to DC.?" Yup that was me.
"Did you say you wrote a book? Do you have a copy? I want one and I will buy it from you."
So I sold her a book too. So I got on a plane with $4 and walked of with $64. Who needs an ATM when you got Jesus? LOL
And that's only plane ride number one!
I wont go into all the details for plane ride number two but now that God had used someone to bless me, he decided to use me to bless someone else. Again I am right up front after being almost the last on the plane. I was reading my Bible and the lady across the isle said, "Is that your Bible?"
"I do not like plane rides, I'm not really a good flier, I see your Bible and know that you are a Christian, God sent you here for me because I feel at total peace now." What!!!! I was just sitting there reading my Bible and that brought her peace? Wow what power does the Word have that we don't even know about? Amazing.


So, Angeles picks me up and we went right to the Salvation Army to look for stuff for the house. We found a couple mattresses for $50 so tomorrow, Lord willing I am getting those. Then we went and looked at the house. WOW!!! God is good. We could not ask for anything better. A/C in every room, two bathtubs, (we jokingly asked God for those, he gave them to us). It is as close to perfect as you can get. It is such a cute place. I cannot wait for people to come visit.


Then, we get a couch, love seat and DVD player given to us!!!!
God is good!!!
More updates tomorrow.


So I'm off to sleep now. It has been a long day and it is a busy one tomorrow.


Please keep the prayers coming. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment