Thursday, December 11, 2014

Lizards, waves, dogs,blessings, Gods hand and so much more....

Good evening every one it has been a couple days. With Jennifer and the kids getting here yesterday afternoon, we have been very busy. The kids rooms are all set up and we have almost everything we need for the house. We get our fridge tomorrow! Praise Jesus!! Someone gave it to us!!
Jennifer has done a load of laundry in the sink already because we do not have a washer yet.
The van we were using, we do not have anymore so we are currently without a car. My dad just sold our truck back in Michigan so that is a huge blessing.
Today I did some school work. Took my last two tests and have a couple assignments to do tomorrow then I am done until March!!!!
We ran to Walmart to return some shelves we had bought, all three were broken. We picked up some dry food that does not need to go into the fridge and Jennifer made her first meal. Rice, Gondolas and Chicken. She used a rice cooker for the first time, it was amazing!
Earlier this afternoon we went to the beach. Blake fished off of the pier. He caught nothing but we did see fish jumping which was cool. We also met Nefty, a local who fished there 3-4 times a week and catches almost every time. He is a nice older man. I know we will meet again. Bridger had a blast playing in the water. Jenn made a new friend, a little black puppy. He was cute. No he did not come home with us. Once we left that spot we went to another beach to watch the waves. God sent us a nice family who told us not to go into the water there because the waves are very strong today and we could get pulled in. 10-12 foot waves. We were talking and found out that they are Christians too. They invited us to go to the beach with then after church on Sunday. I hope we are able to meet up.Lord willing we will be able to.


-This is Bridger now-
I caught two lizards and put them outside. I went to the park with mom and Blake and Dallas and found a dog. I pet it and it was really nice. I had lots of fun. We meet a few people too. Today it rained out a little. I played with basketballs today too. We also watched the movie Frozen.I went to the beach and played in the waves while my dad and brother went fishing.


-Back to John-


It is truly amazing to see God hand in everything. As we walk out this life of faith we start to see Gods hand in literally everything. From people giving us everything we need to an open parking spot at the post office. Living through faith is truly amazing. More intense than I have ever experienced. God is so close all the time. When you have very little you start to become thankful for EVERYTHING. I mean I thought I was living in faith before we came here.....
The love of Jesus is so physical you can literally feel it! I cannot explain it but it is intense. It feels like a rush of fresh air and moves you to tears.
God is humbling me very much. I am realizing more and more every day that this life I have been given is not mine to control and the timing of everything is in Gods hands. Even today my flesh was worried about a car and ours not selling. Then we sold ours. We will get our next one when God sees fit for us to need a car. Until then, we live life in our community, in our house, and on our street. God has us right where he wants us and we just have to live in that moment and see how we can glorify God right where we are.
We, as a family are learning to adjust to eating less, taking shorter showers, using less light and learning to live on, literally our daily bread. Huh, funny. Kind of what Jesus calls us to do...should of tried this sooner!!!!
God has slowed us way down, is teaching us to worry about nothing, showing us what truly matters and is guiding our life everyday.
This has been a truly amazing adventure so far, God has used our blessing to show others here in the island the power of Jesus, even pastors!!!! There is power in the name of Jesus and when you call upon him and truly know that God has promised us things, life just becomes.....WHOA.....AMAZING! All because of Jesus!
Good night more later!
Thanks for the prayers we love you all!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment